Nabteb Expo questions and answer, Nabteb Chemistry Expo, Nabteb Chemistry 2023 Expo, Nabteb Expo 2023
NABTEB 2023 CHEMISTRY SOLUTION
i. Hygroscopic substance: A hygroscopic substance is one that absorbs moisture from the air. An example of a hygroscopic substance is sugar, which absorbs moisture from the air and forms a sticky syrup.
ii. Efflorescent substance: An efflorescent substance is one that releases a gas when it reacts with water. An example of an efflorescent substance is baking soda, which releases carbon dioxide when it reacts with water.
iii. Delinquent substance: A delinquent substance is one that is not readily soluble in water. An example of a delinquent substance is oil, which does not dissolve in water and forms a separate layer on top.
(i.) Buffer solution is a solution composed of a mixture of a weak acid and its conjugate base, or a mixture of a weak base and its conjugate acid. It is used to resist changes in pH when small amounts of acid or base are added to it.
( *Choose any three* )
1. Regulating pH in biochemical reactions
2. Maintaining the pH of blood and other body fluids
3. Controlling pH in industrial processes
4. Preserving the activity of enzymes
5. Stabilizing the pH of fertilizers and pesticides
6. Adjusting the pH of water for aquariums and pools
Air pollution is the presence of harmful substances in the air that can cause health problems, damage to ecosystems, and damage to property. These pollutants can include particulate matter, carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, sulfur dioxide, and other hazardous substances.
*(Choose any 3)*
1. Reducing the use of fossil fuels
2. Increasing the use of renewable energy sources
3. Using cleaner production processes
4. Implementing efficient transportation systems
5. Planting trees and vegetation
6. Improving urban planning
7. Establishing air quality standards
8. Installing air pollution control devices and technologies
Give us a helping hands by inviting your friends here