JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY EXAMINATIONS BOARD (JUPEB) 2023
INSTRUCTIONS TO PHYSICS PRACTICAL
Each Candidate Is To Be Provided With The Following Apparatus;
1. Converging lens (5 cm focal length)
2. Box with crossed wire screen
3. Three (3) perforated meter rules
4. Knife edge
5. Lens holders
6. Electric bulb
7. Retort stand with clamp and boss head
8. Stop watch
10. 12 sets of weights (one 150g mass, three 100g masses)
11. Vernier caliper
12. Pin pointer (optical pin)
14. Masking paper tape
INSTRUCTIONS TO CHEMISTRY PRACTICAL
For each candidate, the following reagents are required:
1. Solution of HCI (Hydrochloric Acid) containing 3.65g per labeled solution.
2. Solution of calcium hydroxide containing 0.71g solute per labeled solution.
3. Solution of KCI (Potassium Chloride) and AICI (Aluminum Chloride) mixture, labeled.
4. Dilute HCI (Hydrochloric Acid) with a concentration of 2M.
5. Dilute HNO (Nitric Acid).
6. Dilute ammonium hydroxide (Ammonia) with a concentration of 2M.
7. Dilute acetic acid.
8. Ammonium Chloride solution with a concentration of 2M.
9. Silver Nitrate solution.
10. Sodium cobalt nitrite solution.
11. Distilled water.
12. Methyl orange indicator.
For each candidate, the following apparatus and materials are required:
1. 25 cm³ pipette.
3. Retort stand and clamp.
4. White tile.
5. Conical flasks (at least 2 per candidate).
6. Beakers (2 per candidate).
7. Filter paper.
8. Test tubes (at least 4 per candidate).
10. Bunsen burner.
Candidates should also be reminded to bring their laboratory coats to the examination venue.