Nabteb biology practical | biology expo |
NABTEB BIOLOGY PRACTICAL SOLUTIONS
(a) It helps capture sunlight and convert it into chemical energy.
(b) Iron: It is necessary for its proper functioning in transporting oxygen throughout the body.
The blood vessel that carries blood from the alimentary canal to the liver is called the hepatic portal vein.
– Water erosion
– Wind erosion
– Bacterial cell wall is made up of peptidoglycan While Viruses do not contain a cell wall. The genetic material is enveloped by a protein coat known as a capsid.
– Bateria reproduce asexually by binary fission While Virus insert their genome in the host genome and make multiple copies
– Taxonomic Classification
– Morphological Classification
The dental formula for an adult dog is as follows:
2 (I 3/3, C 1/1, P 4/4, M 2/3) = 42
This means that a dog has:
– Incisors (I): 3/3 on each side, both upper and lower jaws.
– Canines (C): 1/1 on each side, both upper and lower jaws.
– Premolars (P): 4/4 on each side, both upper and lower jaws.
– Molars (M): 2/3 on each side, both upper and lower jaws.
Therefore, in total, an adult dog has 42 teeth.
– Fossil fuels
– Wildlife and biodiversity
(a) Inhalation refers to the process of breathing in or taking in air or other substances into the lungs. It is an active process that involves the contraction of the diaphragm and the expansion of the ribcage, which increases the volume of the chest cavity.
(b) Exhalation, also known as expiration, is the process of breathing out or expelling air from the lungs. It is a passive process that generally does not require muscular effort, as the relaxation of the diaphragm and the elastic recoil of the lungs and chest wall help to push the air out.
(ii) Mucuna –> (iii) Grasshopper –> (i) Toad –> (iv) Snake –> (v) Hawk
– Height of plant.
– Size or weight of Fruit
– Auxins promote cell elongation and regulate growth in plants
– Auxins inhibit the growth of lateral buds maintaining apical dominance in plants
Mucor and Spirogyra are grouped under Thallophyta due to their similar thallus body organization
(i) Frog – Class: Amphibia
(ii) Lizard – Class: Reptilia
(iii) Parrot – Class: Aves (Birds)
(iv) Rabbit – Class: Mammalia
Total number of petals = 10 + 38 + 16 + 2 + 1 + 68 + 40 + 30 = 205 petals.
Therefore, 205 petals were collected during the study.
(i) Genetic Variation: Different plants within a species can exhibit genetic variation, leading to variations in traits such as petal length.
(ii) Environmental Factors: Plants growing under different environmental conditions may exhibit variations in petal length as a response to their specific surroundings.
– Specimen A: Tilapia fish
– Specimen B: Adult toad
– Specimen C: Cockroach
– Specimen A: Pisces
– Specimen B: Amphibian
– Specimen C: Insecta
– Specimen A: It provides a reliable source of protein and income for many people.
– Specimen B: It is useful in reducing the number of insects that destroy crops or transmit diseases.
Diagram of Specimen A
– Specimen D: Groundnut seed
– Specimen E: Cowpea seed/Bean seed
– Soybean seed
– Lentil seed
– Specimen D (groundnut seed): Epigeal germination
– Specimen E (cowpea seed/bean seed): Hypogeal germination
The cultivation of groundnut and cowpea/bean seeds can enhance soil fertility by increasing nitrogen availability, adding organic matter, promoting nutrient cycling, and preventing soil erosion. These qualities make them valuable components of sustainable farming systems, promoting soil health and productivity.
Cowpea Weevil (Callosobruchus maculatus)
– Dry and Air tight packaging
– Seed Banks